Christmas Crack Chex Mix is seriously addictive and so easy to make in less than 30 minutes. This sweet and salty no bake snack is the perfect blend of white chocolate, pretzels, M&M’s and more.
Christmas Crack Chex Mix:
I love treats that take minutes to make, only call for a few ingredients and taste so good you can’t stop eating it. Christmas Crack Chex Mix is just that recipe.
Just 5 ingredients, the microwave and a few minutes of your time result in a luscious treat worthy of gift giving. I absolutely love white chocolate and the combination of candy and pretzels makes it even better.
Not only is this perfect for Christmas parties or to hand out to friends as Christmas gifts but it is easy enough to make anytime. I make it frequently for Friday movie night.
Holiday Chex Mix Recipe is seriously that easy. We love it so much that we make it year round. It is easy to adapt to any season.
Table of Contents
- Christmas Crack Chex Mix:
- What is Christmas Chex mix?
- White Chocolate Chex Mix Ingredients:
- How to Make Christmas Crack Chex Mix:
- How long does Chex Christmas Mix last?
- Can you substitute different cereal?
- Christmas Chex mix variations:
- Tips for the Best Holiday Chex Mix:
- How to Store and Freeze:
- More Chex Mix Recipes:
- Print this recipe for Christmas Crack Chex:
- Christmas crack chex mix Recipe
- More Christmas Desserts to try
What is Christmas Chex mix?
A sweet and savory mix of Chex cereal, Cheerios, M&M’s candy and pretzels coated with white chocolate. The combination is always a crowd pleaser.
Only 5 ingredients and no corn syrup or extra ingredients needed. This is a really easy recipe to make during the holiday season.
White Chocolate Chex Mix Ingredients:
- Pretzels – Any type of pretzels will work in this recipe. Try using twists, snaps or sticks. Some people also like bugles added with the pretzels.
- Cheerios – Plain or multigrain taste delicious.
- Chex – Rice chex or corn chex cereal work best. You can use one or the other. I have even mixed them both together.
- Christmas M&M’s -Regular size or mini are great in this recipe.
- White chocolate – I used Ghirardelli wafers but you can use the brand you prefer. Just make sure to use a high quality chocolate.
How to Make Christmas Crack Chex Mix:
- First, get out a large mixing bowl. You will need plenty of room to mix all of the ingredients.
- In the large bowl combine the Chex cereal, Cheerios, pretzels and M&M’s together.
- Next, you will need a microwave safe bowl to melt the white chocolate in. Start by microwaving for 1 minute on medium high heat. Then stir and melt in 30 second increments until fully melted. It is important that you stir in between each interval so the chocolate does not burn or overcook.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate over the cereal mixture in the bowl. Stir everything together making sure it is coated really good in chocolate.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and let it set. It does not take long. Normally in about 15 minutes candy coated chex mix is ready.
- Break into smaller pieces if needed. Then store in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Jump to recipe below for full details.
How long does Chex Christmas Mix last?
It will last 3 days stored inside an airtight container on the counter.
You can freeze it and it will last up to 3 months. This actually freezes incredibly well making it perfect for making ahead during the holidays.
Can you substitute different cereal?
- Yes, any type of similar cereal will work. Some ideas include: Golden graham cereal, Life cereal and Lucky Charms. If you prefer traditional chex cereal, any variety will work including rice, corn and wheat.
Christmas Chex mix variations:
- Nuts– If you like nuts, add a cup of salted peanuts or whatever you prefer to the mix.
- Sprinkles – Once you pour the mixture on the wax paper, add sprinkles to the top. It will look even more festive.
- M&M’s – Try using other varieties including peanut butter, hazelnut spread or peanut. Likewise, you can make this year round by using plain M&M’s instead of Christmas. We also make it for Halloween, Easter, Valentine’s Day and more by substituting the M&M’s. You might also like our regular White Chocolate Chex Mix.
Tips for the Best Holiday Chex Mix:
- Double the recipe. This snack mix is super easy to double if you plan to host a crowd or hand this out to friends. Just make sure you have a really large bowl.
- Melting Chocolate – We used a microwave to melt the chocolate but you can also use a double boiler. When using the microwave, make sure to stir after 30 seconds of heating. You do not want the chocolate to burn.
- Allow to cool. Ensure the cereal mix has properly cooled before storing in containers.
How to Store and Freeze:
Store in an airtight container for up to a week and enjoy. Ours never lasts that long though because we eat it quickly.
If you want to make the gluten free Christmas Chex Mix in advance, you can freeze it. Place in a freezer safe container and store in the freezer. When ready to serve, the chex mix is good cold or at room temperature.
More Chex Mix Recipes:
- Easy Grinch Puppy Chow Recipe
- Funfetti Puppy Chow
- Reindeer Chow
- S’mores Puppy Chow
- Puppy Chow
Print this recipe for Christmas Crack Chex:
More Christmas Desserts to try
- Christmas Dirt Cake Recipe
- Christmas Cake Mix Cookies Recipe
- Christmas Cookie Bars
- Christmas Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods
- Gingerbread Cake Recipe